Information on Application and Selection to the #HalaalGoodsMarket
- All applications must be done online via our link, through our website www.halaalgoodsmarket.co.za
- The submission of your application does not mean that you have been selected to take part in the HalaalGoodsMarket, please read below information on how the process works. All applications have to be done online – emails and DMs and whatsapp messages will not be entered into the system
- Things to consider/take into account before applying:
- We do not accept big, commercial brands that are already launched in the market place.
- Do not apply if your products are all imports. We accept very few imported products based on their uniqueness to market only.
- Do not apply if you cannot be at the show selling your own product or if you cannot send a representative that knows your brand like you do.
- The HalaalGoodsMarket only supply “space” with a shared plug point in most places (one table and one chair, no partitioning unless mentioned)
- We want you to design your space to showcase your brand with your own identity and creativity, this is what also makes our market unique.
- Please note that we will only be able to tell whether the specific stand size requested, as per your application, is available upon final layout.
- Applicants MUST be able to trade for all market days, splitting of days between vendors will no longer be allowed.
- All costs for participation will be sent to the successful applicant directly once the complete selection has been made, costs differ according to product type, size of stand required and electrical/gas needs of vendors. An expected price is between R4000-R4700 for the duration of the market per single stall.
- If you need an idea of the size of a stall please see images of the previous markets, a single stall is one table length only.
The most important criteria that we look at are:
- Product originality – unique and original; first to the market if possible and innovative in design.
- Local – majority of products to be proudly South African in concept and creation. Whilst products might contain imported components, they must be conceived and hand-finished locally. Products from neighboring African states will also be considered.
- Our Markets – our visitor profile evolves at every market however our visitors expect high quality, artisanal goods that are well priced and beautiful/delicious. Bulk use of frozen mass produced items for food stands are frowned upon (for e.g. frozen chips, storebought patties).
- Quality – this is very important as the HalaalGoodsMarket is becoming well known for showcasing quality products.
- OVER EXPOSURE – we are a platform for launching new products and businesses and although we will not restrict participation in other markets, we want to present our visitors with a unique experience and therefore, we are very careful not to select products/applicants that are over exposed. If an applicant is appearing at a market every other weekend, this affects buyer anticipation greatly.
- Suitability to market
- In the case of food preparation, the type of foods to be made (the variety kept in line with a theme and not too vast a menu) A menu that has too many items does not allow for specialization.
- Limit of duplication among food vendors (2-3 maximum duplicates will be the aim but will up to the discretion of the committee)
- Innovation of product (not replicas/fake products)
- Small Business (owner made items or reseller)
After the applications have been closed, the HGM selection committee members start with the selection process. The committee is completely anonymous and its composition will not be shared with the public.
The selection process takes up to four weeks, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Rules and regulations:
- All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable (to another show or person)
- Your space will only be confirmed once you have paid your deposit
- It is compulsory to complete your indemnity form
- All traders must use some alternative form of receiving payment in addition to cash. Please ensure all cash received is kept safely locked. The market will not be responsible for loss or theft of your personal belongings or daily sales takings
- Punctuality and readiness is important. All vendors are required to be ready to trade by the time the market is open to the public. No exceptions will be considered. Lateness and lack of preparedness will incur a fee of R200 for each occurrence.
- Engage and be courteous to your customers, this leaves a lasting impression to the visitor of the market
- Pricing – it is important to be affordable in pricing to attract your customer and bring them as return visitors, previous markets saw vendors overprice items and this has a negative impact on the impression created for your products. Note that covering of stall fees should be spread over the number of products that are produced.
- If you are seen to allow visitors to skip queues, cheat the VIP buying session, have them use vendor entry tickets to enter the market, invite them to the build up session or use any means that are frowned upon and affects the smooth running of the market, you will be asked to leave the show immediately forfeiting entry fees and will not be selected again.
- Respect the organisers and their team at all times in particular when instructions are given.
- Parking – if you are found to be parked in a way that inconveniences other vendors, public and businesses around the area of the market as well as violating the laws of parking, you will be fined R200 for each offence.
- We cannot be held responsible for faulty emails- if we cannot get hold of you during the process you will automatically be taken off the system. We only use one email address per application for correspondence, so please make sure that the first email address on your application is the preferred method.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to send necessary info onto their own team.
- The selectors have the right to suggest changes to your range, styling, product pricing, approve a portion of your range/menu etc.
- No products must infringe on any copyright, if so the market organisers have the right to cancel your participation in all other markets, without refunding of any monies and also have the right to not select you again.
- Although we do our utmost to make sure that all possible measures are taken in terms of security, the HalaalGoodsMarket takes no responsibility for any losses experienced during any of our markets including entry to or exit from the market.
- Should you be selected, your placement on the layout will be done by the designer and there is no possibility to make constant changes to your placement and position in the market.
- NO vinyl banners will be allowed in the venue. Tacky signage will be removed by organiser. No compensation will be given for signage that has been removed. No pamphlets are to be handed out at the venue, at your stand nor in the parking lot or eating/praying areas.
- No chairs from outside the venue will be allowed to be used on your stand.
- The selectors have years of experience and their decision is final.
- Please note, the parking is owned and operated by the owners of the venue and not by the organisers, are therefore not responsible for any issues that may arise from your parking in the designated parking and/or around the area.
Please follow us on: