Before you apply, please note:
- Big, commercial brands that are already launched and established in the marketplace will NOT be accepted.
- We accept very few imported products based on their uniqueness to market only.
- Do not apply if you cannot be at the show selling your own product or if you cannot send a representative that knows your brand like you do.
- The HalaalGoodsMarket only supply “space” with a shared plug point in most places (no partitioning unless mentioned) This is a MARKET not an expo.
- We want you to design your space to showcase your brand with your own identity and creativity, this is what also makes our market unique
- Applicants MUST be able to trade for all market days, splitting of days between vendors will not be allowed.
- The HGM market is designed as a market style event not an expo so if you are planning to do a shell scheme type stand or unable to work together with your neighbours to make the event and your business’s experience a success, then this is not the market for you.
- All applications must be done online via our link, through our website link here
- Please ensure if you have a food product that you have a hawkers license or trading license and a Certificate of Acceptability, for more information click here
(You will not be able to trade without it)
- Food vendors must to have fire blankets and extinguishers as part of the COJ safety requirements
- All applications must be done online via our link, through our website www.halaalgoodsmarket.co.za
- The submission of your application does not mean that you have been selected to take part in the HalaalGoodsMarket, please read below information on how the process works. All applications have to be done online ONLY
- All costs for participation will be sent to the successful applicant directly once the complete selection has been made, costs differ according to product type, size of stand required and electrical/gas needs of vendors. An expected price is between R8 500 – R10 000 for the duration of the market per single stall.
- If you need an idea of the size of a stall please see images of the previous markets, a single stall is 2m x 2m.
What the HGM selection committee looks for: –
- Product originality –Unique and original; first to the market if possible and innovative in design. Answer this question What is your USP (unique selling point)?
- Proudly Local – majority of products to be proudly South African in concept and creation. While products might contain imported components, they must be conceived and hand-finished locally. Products from neighbouring African states are welcomed.
- Our Market consumer – our visitor profile evolves at every market however our visitors expect high quality, artisanal goods that are well priced and beautiful/delicious. Bulk use of frozen mass-produced items for food stands are frowned upon (for e.g. frozen chips, storebought patties).
- Quality – this is very important as the HalaalGoodsMarket is becoming known for showcasing quality products.
- OVER EXPOSURE – we are a platform for launching new products and businesses and although we will not restrict participation in other markets, we want to present our visitors with a unique experience and therefore, we are very careful not to select products/applicants that are over exposed. If an applicant is appearing at a market every other weekend, this affects buyer anticipation greatly.
- Suitability to market – Is HGM the place for my product?
- Food Considerations – In the case of food preparation, the type of foods to be made (the variety kept in line with a theme and not too vast a menu) A menu that has too many items does not allow for specialisation. Also consider food prep time and ability to serve.
- Competing food vendors – 2-3 maximum duplicates will be the aim but will be up to the discretion of the committee
- Innovation of product (not replicas/fake products)
- Small Business (owner made items or reseller)
I’ve submitted my application, now what?
- Applying doesn’t mean you’re approved.
- The submission of your application does NOT mean that you have been selected to take part in the HalaalGoodsMarket.
- All applications must be done online – emails and Direct Messages and WhatsApp messages will not be accepted.
- After the applications have been closed, the HGM selection committee members start with the selection process. The committee is completely anonymous, and its composition will not be shared with the public.
- The selection process takes up to four weeks, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.The first selection round is based on your offering, its uniqueness and artisanal nature.
The second round is based on your product photos, so make sure you have beautiful photos showcasing your photos in the best way possible on your online platforms.
The third round is based on the quality and activity in your online content and brand image.
The styling of and display of your stand at HalaalGoodsMarket is extremely important. Professionally taken photos of products and previous displays will show us that you have the ability to put together a well styled stand for the HalaalGoodsMarket
Frequently Asked Questions
- If you need an idea of the size of a stall please see images of the previous markets, a single stall is 2 meters wide only by approx 2 meters deep, fresh food stalls are slightly larger to accommodate a preparation area and are on the higher side of the price category
- Please note that we will only be able to tell whether the specific stand size requested, as per your application, is available upon final layout.
- All costs for participation will be sent to the successful applicant directly once the complete selection has been made, costs differ according to product type, size of stand required and electrical/gas needs of vendors. An expected price is between R8 500 – R10 000 for the duration of the market per single stall
- NO vinyl banners, pull ups, x-banners, handwritten paper pricing, shell scheme will be allowed in the venue. Tacky signage will be removed by organisers. No compensation will be given for signage that has been removed. No pamphlets are to be handed out at the venue, at your stand nor in the parking lot or eating/praying areas.
All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable (to another show or person).
Your space will only be confirmed once you have paid your full fee by the deadline.
It is compulsory to complete your indemnity form.
All traders must use some alternative form of receiving payment in addition to cash. Please ensure all cash received is kept safely locked. The market will not be responsible for loss or theft of your personal belongings or daily sales takings.
Punctuality and readiness is important. All vendors are required to be ready to trade by the time the market is open to the public. No exceptions will be considered. Lateness and lack of preparedness will incur a fee of R2000 for each occurrence.
Engage and be courteous to your customers, this leaves a lasting impression to the visitor of the market
Pricing – it is important to be affordable in pricing to attract your customer and bring them as return visitors, previous markets saw vendors overprice items and this has a negative impact on the impression created for your products. Note that covering of stall fees should be spread over the number of products that are produced. Pricing of products should be the same should the customer purchase your product from you outside of the market dates and times.
If you are seen to allow visitors to skip queues, have them use vendor entry tickets to enter the market, invite them to the buildup session or use any means that are frowned upon and affects the smooth running of the market, you will be asked to leave the show immediately forfeiting entry fees and will not be selected again.
Always respect the organisers and their team when instructions are given.
Parking – if you are found to be parked in a way that inconveniences other vendors, public and businesses around the area of the market as well as violating the laws of parking, you will be fined R200 for each offence.
We cannot be held responsible for faulty emails- if we cannot get hold of you during the process you will automatically be taken off the system. We only use one email address per application for correspondence, so please make sure that the first email address on your application is the preferred method.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to send necessary info onto their own team.
The selectors have the right to suggest changes to your range, styling, product pricing, approve a portion of your range/menu etc.
No products must infringe on any copyright, if so, the market organisers have the right to cancel your participation in all other markets, without refunding of any monies and also have the right to not select you again.
Although we do our utmost to make sure that all possible measures are taken in terms of security, the HalaalGoodsMarket takes no responsibility for any losses experienced during any of our markets including entry to or exit from the market.
Should you be selected, your placement on the layout will be done by the designer and there is no possibility to make constant changes to your placement and position in the market.
NO vinyl banners, pull ups, x-banners, handwritten paper pricing, shell scheme will be allowed in the venue. Tacky signage will be removed by organisers. No compensation will be given for signage that has been removed. No pamphlets are to be handed out at the venue, at your stand nor in the parking lot or eating/praying areas.
No chairs from outside the venue will be allowed to be used on your stand. No plastic stools allowed.
The selectors have years of experience, and their decision is final.
Please note, the parking is owned and operated by the owners of the venue and not by the organisers, are therefore not responsible for any issues that may arise from your parking in the designated parking and/or around the area.